Re: patch: problem with sco

Hi Wolfgang,

> A friend and I encountered a problem with sco transfers to a headset using
> linux (vanilla 2.6.15). While all sco packets sent by the headset were
> received there was no outgoing traffic.
>
> After switching debugging output on we found that actually sco_cnt was always
> zero in hci_sched_sco.
>
> hciconfig hci0 shows sco_mtu to be 64:0. Changing that to 64:8 did not help.
>
> This was because in hci_cc_info_param hdev->sco_pkts is set to zero. When we
> changed this line so that hdev->sco_pkts is set to 8 if bs->sco_max_pkt is 0
> sco transfer to the headset started to work just fine.

send in the information from "hciconfig -a" for this device, because
this is a hardware bug and you can't be sure that you can have eight
outstanding SCO packets.

I personally prefer to implement this as a quirk which can be activated
by the driver. Once I have seen the device information, I will think
about how we might deal with it.

Regards

Marcel