Re: [patch 1/5] Add MMC password protection (lock/unlock) support V3

* Russell King <[email protected]> [060111 06:44]:
> On Wed, Jan 11, 2006 at 09:16:28AM -0400, Anderson Briglia wrote:
> > Russell King wrote:

> > >I don't think this works as you intend.
> > >
> > >When a card is initially inserted, we discover the cards via mmc_setup()
> > >and mmc_discover_cards().  This means that we'll never set the locked
> > >status for newly inserted cards.
> > >

> > mmc_setup() calls mmc_check_cards(). Our patch adds the necessary code
> > to mmc_check_cards() to set the locked state when the card is locked.
>
> Not in Linus' kernel, it doesn't.
>
> If you're working off the OMAP tree, bear in mind that I've found in
> the past that they have a large number of wrong or inappropriate
> changes to the MMC layer in there.  They don't regularly merge either,
> and they certainly don't forward any bug fixes for review in a timely
> manner.

I agree the omap MMC driver should be cleaned-up and finally merged.

Anderson, since you are already patching it, do you want to take care of
cleaning it up a bit and posting it here?

There are some mmc core hacks there for buggy cards that might worth
testing on other platforms too. (It could also be that they are
only needed on omap).

As far as I remember for omap we've had to do hacks for cards that claim
to be ready before the data is transferred, and also hacks for cards
that never set the ready bit...

Regards,

Tony