Re: OT: fork(): parent or child should run first?

Hello,

Ok, you're absolutly right here. My problem is to find some solution and not
to change the behaviour of fork() of course :) It's quite annoying to
introduce some kind of IPC between parent and childs just for transferring a
single pid_t ;-) Using exit status would be great (I would transfer "n")
because it can be got by eg waitpid() in signal handler, however exit status
is limited it status & 0377 which is too short range for us ;-( As a
solution I've created a pid_t array and a counter which is filled by signal
handler with pid_t got by waitpid() and then I use it in the main loop to do
the cleanup in parent. Well, this is quite good, the only problem of mine
that some kind of race condition may occur when altering/using these
structures between the main loop and signal handler ...

Again, thanks for the info.

- Gábor

--
- Gábor