Re: Minix 3 filesystem support

On Sun, Jan 08, 2006 at 09:46:12PM -0500, Segin wrote:
> The attached email contains diffs for making the Minix version 3
> filesystem work with Linux.
>
> Please note that I do not subscribe to the mailing list.
>
> Also, please send all replies about this patch which would normally be
> emailed to me to the newsgroup comp.os.minix. I did not write this
> patch, I am just making it available to the Linux kernel mailing list.

If/when author decides that patch is ready for review and asks for
comments, he will be perfectly able to post the thing himself.
As it is, you've just posted something that might be a beginning
of such patch; WTF are we supposed to do with it?  Dump unsolicited
comments on its author?  Bypass him completely and use that chunk
to implement the entire thing?  Oh, wait - take discussion of
Linux kernel internals to comp.os.minix.  _That's_ the ticket.

If the patch author has any questions, he's more than welcome here, on
fsdevel or any appropriate newsgroup or IRC channel.

This is not a slashdot.  Posting an equivalent of "k3wl l1nk" will earn
you nothing but a swift kick in the place where your head is, quite
possibly followed by more elaborate treatment from patch author who has
every right to be thoroughly pissed off at you.