Re: Digital Audio Extraction with ATAPI drives far from perfect

On Sat, Jan 07 2006, Jens Axboe wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 07 2006, Sebastian wrote:
> > Hi everybody,

> > > Try  cdparanoia -Bvz
> > >
> > > This will cause the rip to be extremely careful and make sure
> > > everything is exactly right. It works well for me and was recommended
> > > by someone I trust. I hop it works for you..
> > >
> > > Cheers,
> > > Mark
> > >
> > I used cdparanoia -BzX -O48 for every rip.
> > Just to be clear, I'm not writing to this list because I have problems
> > with an application. :) Rather I like to know where to fix this problem, in
> > kernelland or userspace, like, should I start getting into cdparanoia or
> > reading the o'Reilly book about kernel drivers?
>
> I missed most of this thread, please don't dump people from the cc list!
>
> Can you put one of the tracks somewhere where I can reach them? Just one
> of the EAC/ide-scsi ripped vs the ide-cd version. You should probably
> just privately mail me, we don't want to encourage music piracy :-)

One more question - when using ide-scsi, does it use the SG_IO ioctl to
rip cdda, or does it use CDROMREADAUDIO like I'm assuming it does with
ide-cd? Is there a way to force SG_IO usage with a given device in
cdparanoia? If so, please try ide-cd with SG_IO usage instead.

--
Jens Axboe