Re: [2.6 patch] schedule obsolete OSS drivers for removal

On Fri, 6 Jan 2006, James Courtier-Dutton wrote:
> Even you admit that the OSS drivers in the kernel mainline are "really
> obsolete", so you must agree with this thread that we should remove them.
I completely agree. As I said I would like to see the old OSS code to be
removed from the kernel soon.

> Only if your binary blobs are released as GPL so that they can be included in
> mainline can it really be any use to discuss them.
We are planning to release OSS under some open source license (not GPL).
However it will be released and built outside the Linux kernel source tree
(mostly because the same code has to work with several other operating
system).

Best regards,

Hannu
-----
Hannu Savolainen ([email protected])
http://www.opensound.com (Open Sound System (OSS))
http://www.compusonic.fi (Finnish OSS pages)
OH2GLH QTH: Karkkila, Finland LOC: KP20CM