Re: oops pauser.

>> After an oops, we can't really rely on anything. What if the
>> oops came from the console layer, or a framebuffer driver?

How about this?:

Put an "emergency kernel" into a memory location that is being protected in
some way (i.e. writing there even from kernel space generates an oops).
Upon oops, it gets unlocked and we do some sort of kexec() to it.
Of course, this probably requires that the unlocking must not be done
with help of the standard page mappings.

Jan Engelhardt