PCI DEVICE ID PROBLEM and Intel Intergrated eth card - a bios bug (?)

Hi

Im using a PC BOX with Intel P4 HT processor on Gigabyte
GA-8KNXP Rev 2.x) which features Integrated Intel® PRO/1000
CT Network Card. All worked fine on both Linux & Win.
However I recently upgraded BIOS on this MB to the latest
version FK from (not sure now) FH or FJ version (reference
link below).

http://tw.giga-byte.com/Motherboard/Support/BIOS/BIOS_GA-8KNXP%20(Rev%202.x)_More.htm

After the upgrade my network card disappeared from both Linux and Win.

After short investigation I noticed one strange incosistency. Under
the new BIOS the PCI device is reported as PCI VENDOR ID 1459 (
which is gigabyte) DEV_ID 1019. However Windows driver for this
card (the lates from both intel and gigabyte) is looking for
VENDOR_ID 8086 (intel).

I havent booted to Linux yet, just dicovered the thing, but
after looking through the source of Linux E1000 driver in
e1000_main.c in struct pci_device_id is only looking for
Intel vendor device 8086, so the problem is still valid
I guess.

Please Cc when replying as I dont subscribe the list.

Best regards
Kris