Re: 2.6.14.5 to 2.6.15 patch

On Wednesday 04 January 2006 22:31, Greg KH wrote:
[snip]

> > > The issue I hit was we have a 'latest stable kernel release 2.6.14.5'
> > > and under it a 'the latest stable kernel' (or words to that effect) on
> > > kernel.org.
> > >
> > > Then when 2.6.15 came out, that was it!  No patch for the 'latest
> > > stable kernel release 2.6.14.5'.  It was GONE!
> >
> > Yes, I brought this up a couple of weeks ago, but I was told
> > that I was wrong (in some such words).
> > I agree that it needs to be fixed.
>
> How would you suggest that it be fixed?

It's difficult, but perhaps providing a link to the latest "stable team"
release in addition to Linus's release would solve the problem.

At least then you can do what Nick wanted (assuming the kernel.org FAQ gets
fixed) and download the "patch" for 2.6.14.5, say, revert it, then apply
Linus's latest and greatest (one or more times as required).

Bloats the front page though. I think as long as something is documented
properly it doesn't really matter. Currently it isn't.

--
Cheers,
Alistair.

'No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway.'
Third year Computer Science undergraduate.