Re: X86_64 + VIA + 4g problems

OK, here are my last results for today:

using "iommu=allowed" did not work. System freezes during initialization
of the PDC20318, which is on the external PCI bus.

But swiotlb=force works well!

Using the patch for pci-gart.c currently works while reading data
on all 8 disks in parallel, reading data via NFS and writing this mail.

The pci-gart.c patch seems to disable dma. Is this the DMA my PCI devices
perform them self? As I learned, they may perform DMA even above 4g if all
works well. Thus I may be happy without any IOMMU. As I saw my system working
even without this patch, I will turn back to the original 2.6.15-rc7 an continue
running this torture test during this night.

Dieter.
--
Dieter Stüken, con terra GmbH, Münster
    [email protected]