Am I thinking correctly?

I'm working on a masters project for PSU.  It requires that I modify the
ext3 and fs code in the kernel proper.

The idea is to encrypt data just prior to it being written to disk.  I've
created a new version of __block_write_full_page (which is called from
writepage) to allocate a new (GFP_NOFS) page, setup the buffer_head list and
copy the data to the new page (and encrypt it too).  When I do this, the
data is not written to disk from the new buffer_head that I submit using
submit_bh().  I've treked through this code and I'm convinced I'm down the
right path.  Am I?  Any assistance would be appreciated.