lock_kernel twice possible ?

Hi,

I was going thru the NFS v3 code for SMP kernel 2.6.11
to see how an inode gets revalidated. I found that
there is a possibility that there may be an attempt to
do lock_kernel() twice.

Is this possible ? If yes then how this deadlock
condition is/can be avoided.

-lnxluv

Below is the code flow (please see ** for
lock_kernel):

nfs_revalidate_inode
 - __nfs_revalidate_inode
   - ** lock_kernel() **
   - nfs_wait_on_inode
   - Call getattr() (which is nfs3_proc_getattr()) to
     get the attributes from the server and
     refresh the inode with the new values
   - IF the cached data is invalid for the inode
     - Writeback (If dirty) and sync the
       inode, call nfs_wb_all
     - nfs_wb_all
       - nfs_sync_inode