Re: I request inclusion of SAS Transport Layer and AIC-94xx into the kernel

From: Andre Hedrick <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 22:30:58 -0700 (PDT)

> Not sure who to credit the following to:
>
> When TOE's were introduced to Linux, there was a violent rejection of this
> hardware because Linux is superior in the NetStack than any other possible
> NetStack every created.
>
> The point is there is a known history in Linux to reject things which
> steps on peoples' egos.

In that case, it is indeed a vendor trying to shove their particular
solution down our throats.  They never even attempt to try out the
alternatives, and we've even gone through the trouble of coming up
with several.  And they do this because their whole buisness model is
all about their scheme to the exclusion of anything else, not because
what they have is better.