Re: I request inclusion of SAS Transport Layer and AIC-94xx into the kernel

On Wed, 28 Sep 2005, Luben Tuikov wrote:

> On 09/28/05 15:45, Andre Hedrick wrote:
> > Luben, I have a vested interest in seeing SAS run via SCSI.  So this means
> > you have one ex-demi-god from the world of maintainers looking to pull you
> > have towards the current path and open to ideas and willing to back a
> > better design and push it.
>
> Ok, thanks Andre.  Much appreciated.

Luben,

I have a vested interest in the improvement of the Linux SCSI Core and
wider adoption and support for SATA II and SAS controllers with their
associated domains and transport.

> You are the first person to back me up _publicly_.  Now if we
> can find a person from "the community" to do that, and get all
> the other people who've written me _privately_, we'd be in
> good shape.

Proving a better design with a migration path for integration is the key
for success; however, I am not the person to be the political voice in the
process.  People will disagree in the process and the only counter to
remove blockage/adoption is in code.

James is king of the hill, and is reasonable to a point.  James also
follows a model of generalization v/s specific design.  Argh, this is not
going to be an easy one to explain or back away from now.  Erm, inclusive
API design is where I am wanting to go with this thought.

Have you and company considered the approach of mapping to a library of
sorts?

Cheers,

Andre