Re: I request inclusion of reiser4 in the mainline kernel

Hans Reiser wrote:
Ric Wheeler wrote:

As an earlier thread on lkml showed this summer, we still have a long
way to go to getting consistent error semantics in face of media
failures between the various file systems.  I am not sure that we even
have consensus on what that default behavior should be between
developers, so image how difficult life is for application writers who
want to try to ride through or write automated "HA" recovery scripts
for systems with large numbers of occasionally flaky IO devices ;-)

If you'd like to form a committee to standardize these things, I will
ask Vitaly to work with you on that committee, and to have ReiserFS3+4
conform to the standards that result.

Hans

I am not a big fan of formal committees, but would be happy to take part in any effort to standardize, code and test the result...

ric