Re: I request inclusion of reiser4 in the mainline kernel

For what it's worth sometimes people get emotional and frustrated and sometimes people can be difficult at thimes to work with. But - for what it's worth - I think people should ignore some of that as human nature and look at the big picture.

And the big picture is ....

Hans has make a huge contribution with Reiser 3 and eventually Reiser 4 is going to be something that will greatly enhance the kernel and advance Linux the way Reiser 3 has done. Wasn't Resiser 3 the first journalling file system for Linux that actually worked?

So - I say - if it doesn't break anything else - why not throw it into the mail kernel? It will get there eventually and if it's there sooner them more people will be out there trying to break it and it will develop faster. I don't know personally how stable it is - but from what I understand it is winning the speed tests and that will shave some time off of everything the rest of us do. And even if it is somewhat broken - in a few months it will all be fixed.

And Hans is apparently ready to take abuse if it's broken.

So I say - lets do it already.

My 2 centz ....