Re: NTP leap second question

Alan Cox wrote:
On Gwe, 2005-09-16 at 14:58 -0700, George Anzinger wrote:

What I am asking is when is the flag sent to the kernel. My reading of the kernel code says that it will insert the second on the second roll immeadiatly after the flag is set.

Kernel clock ticks are not adjusted or slewed or anything else for a
leap second when correctly configured. UTC leap second adjustment is
performed by glibc for locales that expect it (which I think is all of
them)

Eh?? Then what is one to make of the code in timer.c that add leapseconds? It seems to be controlled by the adjtime() system call.

Sure looks like it sets the system clock (xtime) ahead or back by a second at midnight if the flag is set to do so.

--
George Anzinger   [email protected]
HRT (High-res-timers):  http://sourceforge.net/projects/high-res-timers/