Re: Trouble hotplugging on embedded system

On Fri, 16 Sep 2005, Wim Vinckier wrote:

> I'm trying to get usb hotplugging working on a embedded system but it
> doesn't (seem to) work.  As far as i understand all the documents I've
> read, /sbin/hotplug (depending on /proc/sys/kernel/hotplug) should be
> called whenever plugging in a device.  I guess I've forgot to enable
> something in my kernel configuration but I can't find what went wrong.
>  I've tried 2.6.8 and 2.6.12 with busybox 1.01.

I think, there are some modifications needed to the hotplug to work with
busybox. Either in shell script syntax, or something else - can't say
exactly. Try to google for "hotplug busybox". I think, there was even a
special version of hotplug for busybox somewhere...

Thanks
Guennadi
---
Guennadi Liakhovetski