Re: 2.6.13-rt6, ktimer subsystem

* Ingo Molnar <[email protected]> wrote:

> * Lee Revell <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > > it wont even build right now, due to the ktimer changes. I'll fix x64 up
> > > once things have settled down a bit. (but if someone does patches i'll
> > > sure apply them)
> >
> > The problem apparently affected 2.6.13-rt4 too.  The users reported
> > that it built OK (as long as realtime preemption is enabled) but then
> > reboots as soon as grub loads the kernel.
> >
> > Can this be worked around by disabling CONFIG_HIGH_RES_TIMERS?
>
> on x64 HIGH_RES_TIMERS is disabled by default (no lowlevel support
> code integrated yet). Where did the problems start, rt4? (i.e. rt3
> works fine?)

ok, fixed a couple of bugs on x64, it boots on my box now. The main
breakage was the elimination of the preemption-disabling soft irq flag
in -53-05, that unearthed an irq-flags 32-bitness bug in the spinlock
macros, which was there for ages. This resulted in the early reboot
during bootup.

I've uploaded 2.6.13-rt12 with the fixes.

	Ingo