USB mass storage issue in 2.6.13

You asked for more info on the problem that USB mounted storage because inaccessable after an indeterminate delay. I eventually got a chance to reboot back to the offending kernel, and it has eventually happened again. I don't know when exactly, but the system has only been up 12 days and was up 40-50 days without the issue using an earlier kernel, 2.6.7rc1mm1nd (-mm1 + nick P patches), 2.6.10-ac10, and I don't recall that uptime with 2.6.13rc5git1, but I didn't see the problem pre-2.6.13.

Attached is a zip with the original dmesg and what somes out of dmesg -s200000 now. I'd give you the config, but it's on the disk I can no longer see, and I'm unlikely to reboot until the weekend, unless I must get to the data enough to justify a reboot while monitoring is running. The config hasn't changed in a while, at least not more than "make oldconfig" does for me.

--

  -bill davidsen ([email protected])