RE: Problem booting 2.6.13 on RHEL 4

I have seen this.

On one machine with 2 scsi adaptors 10 seconds was enough, on a different
machine with 6 channels it had to be over 45 seconds to get things to be
found reliabily, and I don't know if that is always going to be reliable.

It would have been nice if there were at least an option on modprobe so
that it could be set to not return after init on the critical modules,
ie mostly disk modules, but I have seen failures on other parts because
the modprobe is not quite finished and ready for the next step after
it returns.

Any better way to deal with this?

                        Roger