Re: HZ question

john stultz wrote:

But you don't really want to know HZ, you want to know timer resolution.
That's a reasonable request and I believe the posix-timers
clock_getres() interface might provide what you need. Although I'd defer
to George (CC'ed) since he's more of an expert on those interfaces.

You might also want to check out his HRT patches.

thanks
-john

Thanks John that does in fact seem to do what I needed. It gives me enough info that I can tell the HZ of the running kernel. HaHa...
I'm familiar with the HRT stuff as it was on the 2.4 kernel.

Thanks
Mark