Re: performance-improvement-of-serial-console-via-virtual.patch added to -mm tree

Hi Russell,

Additionally, once all architectures convert to initialising their
serial ports via platform devices (which means include/asm-*/serial.h
becomes essentially empty) and we eliminate serial8250_console_init(),
the 8250 console code can start assuming that more of the uart_port
structure will be initialised.

At that point, we can start to think about using FIFOs for the
console.

Thank you for FIFO consideration.

me> Before initialization, does tx_loadsz left 0?
me> If so, we can easily solve the problem:

I confirmed this assumption is OK in current code,
because seiral8250_ports[] is static variable.

We will release revised patch later,
please apply our patch until your serial driver re-organization completes.

Thank you.
Hironobu Ishii