Re: "Read my lips: no more merges" - aka Linux 2.6.14-rc1

On Mon, 2005-09-12 at 20:34 -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> Ok, it's been two weeks (actually, two weeks and one day) since 2.6.13,
> and that means that the merge window is closed. I've released a
> 2.6.14-rc1, and we're now all supposed to help just clean up and fix
> everything, and aim for a really solid 2.6.14 release.

Sorry to bother you again and again with this stuff, but I got no answer
from anyone... DVD burning is broken since 2.6.13-rc1 and I checked this
morning the 2.6.14-rc1: Same status.

To be short, when burning a DVD at 16x with 2.6.12.6, no problem at all.
With 2.6.13-rc1 and upper, lots of buffer underruns. (If someone wants
to help, feel free to ask more details... I would be happy to help
anyone). The only thing that I know is that it is not coming from the
peripheral driver, as I have the same issue when using ide-cd with a
CDROM_SEND_PACKET ioctl or usb-storage+sg with a SG_IO ioctl.

As far as I looked in the source code, it seems to be lots (and lots) of
changes between these 2 versions, specially regarding block devices
drivers. But the ChangeLog is so huge that it is quite impossible to
make a step-by-step upgrade to see _where_ the problem is :-(