RE: kernel 2.6.13 buffer strangeness

I saw it mentioned before that the kernel only allows a certain
percentage of total memory to be dirty, I thought the number was
around 40%, and I have seen machines with large amounts of ram,
hit the 40% and then put the writing application into disk wait
until certain amounts of things are written out, and then take
it out of disk wait, and repeat when it again hits 40%, given your
rate different it would be close to 40% in 50seconds.

And I think that you mean MB(yte) not Mb(it).

                           Roger