Re: How to plan a kernel update ?

Hello,

I won't be harsh but google is your best friend and first source for it.

please take a look at:

http://linuxdevices.com/articles/AT3855888078.html

They have a good guide and what should need attention in migrating to Kernel 2.6 They also have related articles for drivers in Kernel 2.6,NPTL and such.

Best regards

--
Michael Thonke

Weber Ress schrieb:

Hi,

I'm responsible to planning a kernel upgrade in many servers, from 2.4
version to 2.6.13 (last stable version), using Debian 3.1r0a

My team has good technical skills, but they need to be led. I would
like know, what's the best pratices and recommendations that a project
manager need think BEFORE an kernel upgrade.

A technical guy have a particular vision about this upgrade, but I
will be very been thankful if I receive from this community another
vision.. a vision centered in the project process (planning,
executing, controlling) to make this activity successfully.

Thank's !

Weber Ress