Re: swsusp

Hi,

On Wednesday, 7 of September 2005 09:33, rob wrote:
> I singed up to this mailing list just to ask this question
> I have built a 2.6.13 kernel for a toshiba  tecra 500cdt
> this computer uses the pci buss for the sound card
> and pcmcia bridge
> I have writen a script to unload all the pci buss modules amd go to sleep
> it works up to this point
> now how do I get the modules put back when ever I add the lines to
> rerun the " /etc/rc.d/rc.hotplug /etc/rc.d/rc.pcmcia and
> /etc/rc.d/rcmodules "
> I get a kernel crash befor it gose to sleep
> I have been al over the net and the olny info I can find is about
> software suspend2
> Is there some way to change the sowftware suspend2 scripts to work with the
> unpatched kernel software suspend or where can I get the path to init
> talked about in the menuconfig file

Could you just try

# echo shutdown > /sys/power/disk && echo disk > /sys/power/state

without unloading any modules and see what happens (it should suspend
to disk)?

If it craches, could you boot the kernel with the init=/bin/bash option and try

# mount /sys
# mount /proc
# /sbin/swapon -a
# echo shutdown > /sys/power/disk && echo disk > /sys/power/state

and see what happens?

Rafael

--
- Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?
- That depends a good deal on where you want to get to.