Re: Patch for link detection for R8169

Francois Romieu napisał(a):

[email protected] <[email protected]> :
[...]

Ok, thanks for the hint.

Currently one can do 'ifconfig ethX up', check the link status, then try
to DHCP or whatever. Apparently a few drivers do not support tne detection
of link as presented above. So is it anything like a vendor requirement/a
standard (or should it be the new right way (TM)) or does the userspace
needs fixing wrt its expectation ?
The main problem with this driver is, that if I do like this, then every 10 seconds I receive new message from the network card in kernel log.
There is following message:

Sep  4 16:31:43 laptop_mirka eth0: PHY reset until link up
Sep  4 16:31:53 laptop_mirka eth0: PHY reset until link up

Do you think, that this is correct way t do the things? I
In my opinion, the solution, that link status can be checked (if hardware allow this) when interface is down is more usefull.