ACPI causes sata timeout errors

Hallo all,
I'm running kernel 2.6.13 on an Asus SK8N motherboard with an AMD
Opteron. I use the onboard Promise Fasttrak 378 Raid Controller in RAID
1 mode. Every time I turn off ACPI my machine hangs just some minutes
after boot up. The kernel reports
sata timeout error
One solution to solve this problem is just to let the acpi turned on,
but i suppose that the acpi causes scsi parity errors on my symbios uw
scsi controller. And I really need the scsi controller to store my data
on my tape. Has any body an idea what I can do to get both controllers run.
Thanks a lot
Lars