Re: RFC: i386: kill !4KSTACKS

Jan Kiszka wrote:

> The only way I see is to switch stacks back on ndiswrapper API entry.
> But managing all those stacks correctly is challenging, as you will
> likely not want to create a new stack on each switching point. Rather,

This is what I had in mind before I saw this thread here. I, in fact, did
some work along those lines, but it is even more complicated than you
mentioned here: Windows uses different calling conventions (STDCALL,
FASTCALL, CDECL) so switching stacks by copying arguments/results gets
complicated. So I gave up on that approach. For X86-64 drivers we use
similar approach, but for that there is only one calling convention and we
don't need to switch stacks, but reshuffle arguments on stack / in
registers.

I am still hoping that Andi's approach is possible (I don't understand how
we can make kernel see current info from private stack).

Giri