Re: what will connect the fork() with its following code ? a simple example below:

here is a snip in 0.11 version linux ,
in linux/init/main.c

179 if (!(pid=fork())) {
180 close(0);
181 if (open( "/etc/rc",O_RDONLY,0))
182 _exit(1);
183 execve( "/bin/sh",argv_rc,envp_rc);
184 _exit(2);
185 }

natually, the code from 180 to 184 is runned by the new process, what
I can understand is why the new process know that the next code will
run is close(0) and why it know It will end at line 184 ?

so ,I feel that there should be some connection between  them . but
what the relationship in depth is ?

thanks your help :)

--
Sat.