Re: RFC: i386: kill !4KSTACKS

On Tue, 2005-09-06 at 09:13 +0200, Andi Kleen wrote:

> At some point we undoubtedly will need to increase it further,
> the logical point would be when Linux switches to larger softpage
> sizes.

Is this really a "when"?

Hugh and wli were both working on this and IIRC neither could
show enough justification to get people interested in it and
get it merged (maybe apart from helping stupidly sized PAE systems
limp along)

And that was even before page size reductions and objrmap came
along, which makes the potential gain even smaller.

Are there still good reasons to have such a thing?

Nick

--
SUSE Labs, Novell Inc.