Re: kernel panic

manomugdha biswas wrote:
Hi,
I am using the following makefile and the .c file to
generate a kernel module. I can load this module
without error and warning. But when I call ioctl()
from user application to run this module it gets
kernel panic!

I think there's something wrong with the way you're using the wait queue (they're not normally instantiated as local variables on the stack, for one thing). It looks like you're just using it to create a delay, in that case use schedule_timeout, msleep, etc.

--
Robert Hancock      Saskatoon, SK, Canada
To email, remove "nospam" from [email protected]