Re: when the kernel runs in softirq and tasklet , which context is it in ?

On 8/27/05, lab liscs <[email protected]> wrote:
> I thought it must be in system context ,but always with a litte doubt.
>
> is there third context the kernel can run in ?
> -

If I am not wrong, softirq runs in process context (system call is
also done through softirq, int 0x80 - this runs in process context),
where as hardware irq and taslets run in no context, i mean no process
context, so we should not use current pointer here.

Please cortrect me if I am wrong.
regards,
-Gaurav