Re: Initramfs and TMPFS!

On Sat, Aug 27, 2005 at 08:19:18AM +0000, Kent Robotti wrote:

> I know that experience dosen't come from packing the kernel source,
> or the zillion other tar archives on the internet.

Are you deliberately trying to be annoying?   Let me guess:

  - your under 25 years of age, probably in high school or not far
    out of it

  - you have a stupid oversized wanky computer case with neon
    lighting and useless analog dials and what not.  you might have
    even overclocked it

  - you've run windows most of your live

  - you probably run gentoo now.  you like the feeling of having
    everything optimized for your exact system; the addition 0.25%
    speed increase more than offsets the fact everything is crappy
    and crashes all the time

  - you run reiserfs, you probably can't wait till reiser4 is merged
    so you can run that

  - you're very interesting in real-time patches.  linux should
    clearly have all real-time stuff merged.  second to your interest
    in realtime is probably something like selinux

  - if you drive a car, it has extra spoilers added and you've
    replaced the steering wheel with something from MOMO

  - you 'friends' are worried you'll die a virgin

Please.

How about you do a little research on some things for a bit?  The
initramfs code is done the way it is for a good reason.  cpio is used
over tar for another good reason.

You are most welcome to disagree and even voice you disagreement, but
there comes a point where you really need to produce some better
arguments.  Patches wouldn't hurt either.