2.6: how do I this in sysfs?

I've been asked to pass this on for some kind of clarification.
We have management apps requiring specific information from the Smart
Array controller. We're trying to use sysfs to accomplish the task. An
example of what we need to do is below. I'm sure some of you will
recognize this as CSMI.
The basic question is this: how do you pass complex data structures back
and forth between user/kernelspace and still abide by the rules around
sysfs like: one attribute per file, text files only, etc?

Thanks,
mikem