Re: Building the kernel with Cygwin

On Thu, 25 Aug 2005, Chris du Quesnay wrote:

> Hi Dick.  Thanks for your suggestion.
>
> I tried it, however, and attempted the make again, and got the same error.
>
> The scripts/basic directory contains a fixdep.exe after the make is run.
> There is
> no fixdep file.  I tried renaming the fixdep.exe to fixdep, but that also
> resulted in
> the same make error.
>
> Any further suggestions?
> Thx,
> Chris.

Ah yes! The Makefile will not execute 'fixdep.exe` it executes
'fixdep' --hard coded. I don't know how well cygwin emulates
a Unix environment, but maybe you can use an alias???
.. Like...
alias fixdep='fixdep.exe'

If that doesn't work, you will probably find other problems
also, like the "*.o" files become "*.obj", etc. It might be
a lost cause. If it was my system, I'd get another hard-disk,
have a "regular" distribution install Linux on it, and set up
to dual-boot.