conexant modem driver for 2.6.12

I have ported the Conexant modem driver to the 2.6.12 kernel. The port is
based on the lattest BSD/GPL version that I could find: 5.03.27.

To make the port easier, I have considered only the model that I have: the
"HSF 56k HSFi Modem (rev 01)".

The port is still quite a mess, but it can be dowloaded from:
http://www.las.ic.unicamp.br/~espindola/modem.tar.bz2

Note that, since I don't know if I have permission to do so, this archive does
not includes the binary files hsfbasic2.O and hsfengine.O. These files must
be moved from a copy of the 5.03.27 driver.

If you have a modem that is not supported by this port, but works with
5.03.27, I would love to hear from you. I would also like to hear any
comments you may have. Please keep in mind that there is a lot of cleaning to
be done...

I hope that this will be usefull.
Rafael  Ávila de Espíndola