Re: Surround via SPDIF with ALSA/emu10k1?

Thomas Zehetbauer wrote:
Now I can either enable the 'SB Live Analog/Digital Output Jack' switch
and use the SPDIF connector to my DD5.1 surround system OR mute this
control and access/unmute the rear/center/LFE channels. Using analog
cabling is not an option as the DTT2500 has no connector for the
center/LFE channels.

If the speaker system has no analog input for those channels, then there is no way to play back content through them unless it is Dolby Digital encoded. (There's no way to put more than 2-channel audio through SPDIF unless it's encoded such as by Dolby Digital or DTS.) The sound card is not capable of doing this, so if the content is not Dolby Digital already, this would have to be handled by some software.

--
Robert Hancock      Saskatoon, SK, Canada
To email, remove "nospam" from [email protected]