Re: Environment variables inside the kernel?

On 8/22/05, Eric W. Biederman <[email protected]> wrote:
> ??
> Usually when I hear stand-alone program I think of program that runs
> without the need of a kernel.  You have an environment in that context?

Without the need of a kernel? Perhaps I did not explain myself
correctly... I meant a user space program, is that better?

And yes, there is a environment in this context, but it is feasible to
provide the information it contains through module parameters.

> Be very careful.  Generally I think at least until the filesystem
> is very stable running your filesystem server in the kernel is a mistake.
>
> And the concept of a parallel filesystem with just one server just
> sounds wrong from any context.

Thanks for the advise, but do not worry, the servers run outside the
kernel (preferably outside the host :). It is the client side what is
to be integrated into the kernel.

Regards,

--
Guillermo