Re: SATA status report updated

Hi Simon,

Simon Oosthoek <[email protected]> writes:

> Unfortunately I'm not able to check the logic of the driver, because
> although I can read C, I'm totally unfamiliar with the disk controler
> logic in the kernel...

Well, today I've spent some time in looking at the SiS driver and compared
it with the driver that is in kernel 2.6.10. And keeping Jeff's comments
about libata in mind (together with a printout of libata.h) helped a bit
to understand the differences. So I will see if I can somehow get the
important things from the SiS driver while using whatever libata
provides already. Will take some time anyway since kernel hacking is
not the main focus of my job. Anyway, I will try. I guess the main
issue is to find the 0x182 specific details and merge them into the
kernel driver.

Best regards
Rainer
--
Rainer König, Diplom-Informatiker (FH), Augsburg, Germany