Re: 2.6.13-rc6-rt9

Ingo Molnar wrote:
i have released the 2.6.13-rc6-rt9 tree, which can be downloaded from the usual place:

  http://redhat.com/~mingo/realtime-preempt/

I was trying to use another HRT clock source and couldn't get menuconfig to let me select acpi-pm-timer, turns out it has been disabled in arch/i386/Kconfig, but the description is still in the help...

# config HIGH_RES_TIMER_ACPI_PM
#       bool "ACPI-pm-timer"

Is the pm timer incompatible with the RT portion of this patch?

Thanks,

--Darren

it's a fixes-only release. Changes since 2.6.13-rc6-rt3:

 - USB irq flags use cleanups (Alan Stern)

 - RCU tasklist-lock fixes (Paul McKenney, Thomas Gleixner)

 - HR-timers waitqueue splitup, better HRT latencies (Thomas Gleixner)

 - latency tracer fixes, irq flags tracing cleanups (Steven Rostedt, me)

 - NFSd BKL unlock fix (Steven Rostedt)

 - stackfootprint-max-printer fix (Steven Rostedt)

 - stop_machine fix (Steven Rostedt)

 - lpptest fix (me)

 - turned off IOAPIC_POSTFLUSH when CONFIG_X86_IOAPIC_FAST. Now with
   Karsten's VIA fixes my testbox does not show PCI-POST weirnesses
   anymore. In case of IRQ problems please turn off IOAPIC_FAST. (me)

to build a 2.6.13-rc6-rt9 tree, the following patches should be applied:

   http://kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/linux-2.6.12.tar.bz2
   http://kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/testing/patch-2.6.13-rc6.bz2
   http://redhat.com/~mingo/realtime-preempt/patch-2.6.13-rc6-rt9

	Ingo