Re: [Hdaps-devel] Re: HDAPS, Need to park the head for real

On Tue, Aug 16 2005, Alejandro Bonilla Beeche wrote:
If I were in your position, I would just implement this for ide (pata,
not sata) right now, since that is what you need to support (or do some
of these notebooks come with sata?). So it follows that you add an ide
Some notebooks are coming up with a Sata controller I think, but is
still and IDE drive. I think some T43's come with that.

But, I will ask or check again later if we ever need this feature for
SATA.
I can confirm that T43's are using libata.
I've tweaked the passthrough code to return the status registers (so we can tell whether the disk is parking sucessfully) http://groups.google.co.uk/group/fa.linux.kernel/browse_frm/thread/bd6b65dfcd1a3227

Regards,
Jon.