Re: Trouble shooting a ten minute boot delay (SiI3112)

> > Do you see grub saying "uncompressing kernel..." or whatever that says?
>
> Grub says...
>
> root (hd2,2)
>   Filesystem type is ext2fs, partition type 0x83
> kernel /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.12.4 root=/dev/md0 ro nodma
>   [Linux-bzImage, setup=0x1e00, size=0x1302ff]

  May I suggest to try a boot with Gujin bootloader, i.e. put
http://www.mirrorservice.org/sites/download.sourceforge.net/pub/sourceforge/g/gu/gujin/install-1.2.tar.gz/install/boot.144?extract=true
  on a floppy, or:
http://www.mirrorservice.org/sites/download.sourceforge.net/pub/sourceforge/g/gu/gujin/install-1.2.tar.gz/install/boot.bcd?extract=true
  on a bootable CDROM and try it?

  If it is a BIOS probing problem, or early decompression, you can get more
 information by making a DOS bootable floppy and run this executable:
http://www.mirrorservice.org/sites/download.sourceforge.net/pub/sourceforge/g/gu/gujin/standard-1.2.tar.gz/dbgload.exe?extract=true
 It will act as the previous bootloader but also save a file named DBG
 on the floppy where it will write the value of all BIOS parameters given
 to Linux.

  If even Gujin misbehaves on accessing the disks, try dbgdisk.exe instead
 of dbgload.exe to see what is unusual in your BIOS - if it is a BIOS
 problem at all.

  Cheers,
  Etienne.