Re: Linux Kernel Hang or stop after uncompressing MPC8245

On Mon, Aug 15, 2005 at 10:08:18PM +0200, [email protected] wrote:
> Thanks Willy,
>
> So i just compile a new Kernel with options we have talking about...
> And it's freeze, nothing to the console...
>
> So i need to find the way to enable the Level-Triggered Interrupts in the kernel
> to the right IRQ address...

sorry, but I did not find much more info either. I don't know how to change those
IRQs from edge to level. It is from software, on the board itself ? I don't know.
I found interesting pieces of code there :

   # grep -r IRQ_SENSE /usr/src/linux-2.4.31/arch/ppc/kernel

They seem to imply that the interrupt mode (level/edge) is read from somewhere at
boot, but I have no idea where. May be they can be configured from the boot loader ?

> I read the thread... but i can't find the thing to change in kernel source or
> kernel configuration.
>
> Or perhaps i enable to many option in
> "Device Drivers  --->" "Character devices-->" "Serial drivers  --->"
> <*> 8250/16550 and compatible serial support                     x x
>   x x    [*]   Console on 8250/16550 and compatible serial port           x x
>   x x    (4)   Maximum number of non-legacy 8250/16550 serial ports       x x
>   x x    [*]   Extended 8250/16550 serial driver options                  x x
>   x x    [*]     Support more than 4 legacy serial ports                  x x
>   x x    [*]     Support for sharing serial interrupts                    x x
>   x x    [ ]     Autodetect IRQ on standard ports (unsafe)                x x
>   x x    [*]     Support special multiport boards                         x x
>   x x    [*]     Support RSA serial ports
>
> Try autodetect IRQ ?
> I'll try to learn more about  edge/level irq sharing...

well, I still do not know how the serial driver manages to find those specific
addresses. You should ask one of the people involved in the previous threads,
he might have more clue.

Regards,
Willy