Re: [patch] Real-Time Preemption, -RT-2.6.13-rc4-V0.7.53-01, High Resolution Timers & RCU-tasklist features

* Ingo Molnar <[email protected]> wrote:

> * George Anzinger <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > Ingo, all
> >
> > I, silly person that I am, configured an RT, SMP, PREEMPT_DEBUG system.
> >  Someone put code in the NMI path to modify the preempt count which,
> > often as not will generate a PREEMPT_DEBUG message as there is no tell
> > what state the preempt count is in on an NMI interrupt.  I have sent
> > the attached patch to Andrew on this, but meanwhile, if you want RT,
> > SMP, PREEMPT_DEBUG you will be much better off with this.
>
> ah - thanks, applied. Might explain some of the recent SMP weirdnesses
> i'm seeing. Attributed them to the HRT patch ;-)

i'm still seeing weird crashes under SMP, which go away if i disable
CONFIG_HIGH_RES_TIMERS. (this after i fixed a couple of other SMP bugs
in the HRT code) It happens sometime during the bootup, after enabling
the network but before users can log in. There's no good debug info,
just a hang that comes from all CPUs trying to get some debug info out
but crashing deeply.

	Ingo