Re: via-rhine + link loss + autoneg off == trouble

Jeff, can you tune in for a moment?

First of all, many thanks to vda for tracking this down, and to everyone
else who helped with it.

I had a look at my code and at 8139cp (which is one of only a handful
of drivers that have been converted to use the generic MII stuff).

Turns out 8139cp doesn't seem to do anything to address the problem
vda described, either, so it is equally affected. Is this something we
should fix in mii.c, or is mii_check_media working as designed? Btw,
I'd be thrilled if someone wrote a few lines per function in mii.c:
purpose, preconditions, side effects, something along these lines.

Roger