sending selected git changesets from middle of set of cloned tree

Is there a way to send to mainline requests to pick up selected changesets from the middle of a git tree (another git tree on kernel.org in this case)?

I have two changsets (both one line fixes, but reasonably important ones)

http://www.kernel.org/git/?p=linux/kernel/git/sfrench/cifs-2.6.git;a=commit;h=f4cfd69cf349dd27e00d5cf804b57aee04e059c2

and
http://www.kernel.org/git/?p=linux/kernel/git/sfrench/cifs-2.6.git;a=commit;h=ef6724e32142c2d9ca252d423cacc435c142734e

without sending the whole tree (which includes another eight changesets some before and some after)? After testing last week at the cifs plugfest, I would like to send these two in particular ASAP but want to wait on the other eight since it is so late in the rc cycle for mainline, and if I send them as diff/patches then I presumably would lose the changeset comments.

Is there a way to do a test committ against another git tree of a particular changeset in the middle of one of my trees?

Is there a way to update the comment field of a changeset without undoing the whole tree and reapplying each changeset? This comes up a lot when someone opens a bugzilla bug number, after a fix for the problem has already been applied to the git tree. It also would have helped once when I wanted to fix the signed-off line which was accidently left off without backing the whole set of later changes out and reapplying the changeset.