Re: NCQ support NVidia NForce4 (CK804) SATAII

Lennart Sorensen schrieb:

On Thu, Aug 11, 2005 at 07:38:12PM +0200, Michael Thonke wrote:
I have a ASUS A8V Deluxe too, and can't use the AMD X2 processor on it...this is a feature..right?
Supposed to run with DualCore but don't post..hm.

Well according to Asus you can if you run BIOS 1013 or 1014 on the
board.  Any less and it won't boot.
What they say is escapist - far away..

Now I certainly can't try it given I don't have such a CPU.

Well, don't go to holiday and spend the money for this genial CPU.

My SATA II devices. Get not regonized from the VIA SATA controller...this bug is known. So I want to use my HDD's I bought ...why should I set my SATA II device to be SATA I.

So a SATA II drive doesn't work at all?
Jep. On VIA chipsets..it would be to flacky to say SATA II drives doesn't work at all. But its like the Smart-Table and what vendors implement and who did the interpretation of specs:-) It's like a fairy tale..the hardware fairy tale.

Is also a feature of VIA Chipsets, right?

"It's not a bug, hey let's say is a feature."

Common practice it seems.
"Wouldn't be the would in there, the world would be boring."

Len Sorensen

Michael

--
Michael Thonke