Re: Soft lockup in e100 driver ?

On Wed, Aug 10, 2005 at 08:32:45PM -0400, Stephen D. Williams wrote:
> I just noticed that the Ubuntu setup says "GSI 20(level,low) -> IRQ 20"
> whereas I remember my built kernels saying "No GSI......  IRQ 11".  I'll
> investigate what that means and how to enable it.  Pointers appreciated.

That is most likely unrelated, but I had similar experiences
at times.  It turned out that something done recently in APIC
management code did break things, but lattest version is again
working.   For a while to have network card working I had to boot
with  "noapic"  option in my home SMP box.

In an UP box it is about same to boot as "noapic", but in SMP it
does result in "one CPU does all interrupts" thingie.  (In some
rare cases it could be desirable, even.)

   /Matti Aarnio